Locations: Garland TX
Full Job Description
Universal Rocks is looking for an experienced, energetic individual to supervise a fast paced, growing shipping department.
Universal Rocks specializes in making unique replica rock products with a variety of options from rock walls for zoo enclosures and man caves, to spas, waterfalls, decorative bubbling rocks, water fountains, fish tank backgrounds and much more.
This position is responsible for handling all aspects of the shipping department, managing a team, overseeing the day to day shipping operations, and shipping and receiving both domestic and international. We have an immediate need and are looking to fill this position quickly.
- Oversee and organize daily preparation of shipments for delivery, including building pallets, washing down products before packaging, and all wrapping/packaging needs.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of deliveries both domestic and international, loading containers for overseas orders and working with multiple shipping companies.
- Oversee and supervise a team while also able to step in and perform tasks as needed.
- Ensure shipping database is updated daily and is maintained accordingly.
- Perform quality control checks and a final inspection of shipments.
- Work with the office and inside team ensuring paperwork and company processes are followed.
- Ensure the department is operating efficiently, on task and is productive.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Must be very organized, detail oriented and able to work well with others.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must be flexible with schedule and willing to work overtime as required by management.
- Must have computer skills working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- 2 years of supervisory “hands-on” warehousing/transportation industry experience.
- Familiar with DOT/OSHA/State rules and regulations.
- Ability to perform physical labor, lift over 75 lbs.
- Forklift Certified.
- Be able to adapt and work in a fast pace changing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)